Select Page

After being injured in an accident, you may be wondering about the legal avenues to hold those responsible for the accident liable and receive your deserved compensation. Here are some answers to some of the top questions about personal injury.

What should I do after a personal injury accident?

After an accident, your first priority should be to seek medical attention or call the appropriate authorities, especially if your injuries are serious. If it is safe for you to do so, aim to take photos and videos of the scene, your injuries, and anything else that may help as evidence for your claim. Collect the information of any witnesses there, as well.

As soon as you can, reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney in order to get legal advice on your situation. A conversation with your attorney can help clarify your objectives and inform you of your next course of action.

What damages are available in a personal injury case?

Compensatory damages are the main type of damages available in a personal injury case. These can be economic or non-economic damages.

Economic damages are relatively objective and easily calculated, such as medical expenses, lost income, property damage, etc.

Non-economic damages are more subjective and include compensation for items such as pain and suffering, mental distress, and lost enjoyment of life.

How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?

Also referred to as a statute of limitations, there is a time limit that you have to bring forth a case. In the state of Washington, you have three years to file a personal injury claim. After this time period, there is a high chance that your claim will be dismissed.

How can a personal injury attorney help?

An experienced personal injury attorney can give you more personalized advice and guidance, especially since the unique circumstances of your situation may affect how the legal process ahead should be approached. After taking the time to know you, your priorities, and your case, an attorney can then apply their expertise and help you get the maximum compensation you need and deserve.

If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident due to the reckless or negligent actions of another, you may have a case. With there being a time limit on when you can file your suit, it is paramount that you get guidance and support from an experienced legal team as soon as possible.

Reach out to us at Gosanko & OHalloran, PLLC to set up a free consultation regarding your situation by calling 206-275-0700.